Feb 1, 2012

Splurge vs. Save #1: MoroccanOil Intense Curl Cream vs. Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream

Gosh, that's a long title. Anyway, I've spent the last few years swearing that MoroccanOil Intense Curl Cream was the only product capable of taming my mane. It is a great product. Truly creamy, MoroccanOil Curl Cream hydrates my strands, obliterates flyaways and frizz (even in insane Florida humidity), and provides a smooth, touchable hold that truly lasts all day.
That said, I found a product I prefer. I'd been seeing rave reviews for the Organix line of hair products for months, so when I ran out of MoroccanOil I decided to give Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Curling Perfection Defining Cream a try because what did I have to lose? (Even if I ended up hating it, I could always rely on CVS's amazing return policy.) It ended up being, for all intents and purposes, an exact dupe of MoroccanOil Intense Curl Cream. I forget how much MoroccanOil costs in salons, but I was buying it on Ebay for around $30 for 10.2 fl. oz. (300 ml). Alternately, Organix Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream retails for around $8 for 6 fl. oz. Granted, the MoroccanOil bottle is a bit bigger; you're still getting more bang for your buck with Organix at $1.03 per ounce compared to MoroccanOil at $2.94 per ounce. (Please correct me if I did that wrong. Math has never been my forte.)
XOXO, T

No comments:

Post a Comment