Feb 25, 2012

Shellac Scam

Lately, I've been hearing everyone talk about shellac nails; they last longer, they make your nails stronger, yada yada yada. I'm not the type to usually spend money on my nails, but I happened upon a Groupon (my obsession) that offered a shellac manicure and hot-stone massage pedicure for $34 dollars. Only $34! So of course I bought it and made an appointment. While I loved the experience and I came home with pretty, blister free feet (I'm a runner), I was skeptical as to just how long this pedicure would last.
Long story short, by the end of the first week there was already signs of wear. By the end of the second week, my nails were just a hot mess. I don't know if that is normal, but I don't even intend to pay much for a shellac manicure ever again.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard some Shellac manis are hit/miss - I guess it all depends on how the manicurist :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume this picture is from like the day you got it?
    You should take an "after" picture if you haven't removed it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's already gone because it just looked so awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame. It really was a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete