May 5, 2012

March-April Loves


I guess I should apologize for this post being late (but when am I ever not?)
My Loves posts seem to have become bimonthly (dimonthly?  semi-monthly?  Help me out here; I'm rusty on prefixes.)
Anyway, here are my favorite products for the months of March and April.



6. Milani Intermix
Intermix is a very versatile shadow.  I wear this dry during the day for a sheer wash of gold and wet at night for a metallic bronze pop.

5. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
I'm sure you've probably already read about a million reviews about these babies (I know I have), but they really are as fantastic as everyone says, and I can't help but include them here.  The term tinted lip butter makes me expect a chapstick-like product with perhaps the slightest hint of color, but this product far exceeds my expectations.  Although it isn't as hydrating as a true lip balm, it more than makes up for this in terms of color payoff.  Even though they call it Lip Butter, I would actually describe it more as the most hydrating lipstick you've ever tried.  The colors I've been enjoying most are Lollipop (creamy hot pink), Peach Parfait (sheer peach with gold shimmer) and Sugar Plum (neutral berry).
Lollipop, Peach Parfait and Sugar Plum

4. NYC Smooch Proof 16 Hour Lip Stain in 491 Forever Freesia

3. e.l.f. Professional Eye Liner Brush
This flat, little brush is perfect for either setting my cream liner or smudging shadow into my lashline for a more natural, diffused look.

2. e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara in Black
Upon seeing the small-ish brush, I wasn't expecting much from this mascara, but sometimes you really can't judge a book by its cover mascara by its brush.  Between its wet formula (think Cover Girl Lash Blast) and surprisingly effective brush, it gives me tons of separation and volume.

1. Milani Antigua
First, let me take a moment to teach you the correct pronunciation.  Antigua is one of my very favorite vacation spots.  It's a beautiful island inhabited by beautiful, friendly people.  Apparently the country's current spelling is a typo; it was originally meant to be spelled Antiga (without the u).  The locals pronounce it like "Antee-guh," not "Antee-gwah."
But onto the actual product: it's olive green with gold shimmer which, like Intermix, becomes really dramatic and gorg when applied wet; I never really wear this one dry.

Non-Beauty Favorites
Song: Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Food and/or drink: Amaretto Coffee Creamer
Jewelry combo: vintage Gucci watch and Target cord wrap bracelet

Your Turn
Do you have any of these products?
What are your loves for March and April?
Would you be interested in more in-depth reviews and/or swatches of any of these products?

XOXO, T

2 comments: