Dec 8, 2011

Why I've Decided to Go Cruelty-Free and My Favorite Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Brands

I should disclose that I'm a complete animal lover. During my twenty-two and a half years on this planet, I've had close to a dozen pets (probably double that if you count fish), including 3 cats, 4 rabbits, one leopard gecko, and a genius Border Collie-Blue Heeler. My Tuffi (below) has the sweetest soul in the world. When I look in her big, brown eyes, I can't imagine how anyone could commit such horrors to an innocent animal.
A few days ago, I saw Beagle Freedom Project - Second Rescue - June 8, 2011, which broke my heart since Beagles are typically such an adventurous, high energy breed. Although the video has a happy ending for these nine puppies, I can't help but think about all the other animals who aren't as lucky.
But the severity of the issue finally hit home for me when I read a Shimmer Kisser article, detailing just what all happens to animals in test labs. I'd always assumed that all that happened in these places was painting bunnies' fingernails or putting mascara on dogs, but learning otherwise made me cry.
I was happy to find that a few of my favorite make-up brands are indeed cruelty-free, including Almay, e.l.f., Estee Lauder, NYX, NYC (New York Color), Physicians Formula, Revlon, Sally Hansen, Sonia Kashuk, Urban Decay, and Wet n' Wild. (In addition to being cruelty-free most e.l.f. products are also vegan, with the exception of a few lip treatment items.)
I also found a pretty extensive list of cruelty-free nail polish brands. (Zoya is vegan, too.)
"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andy Rooney
XOXO, T

No comments:

Post a Comment