Apr 21, 2012

Project Pan


Chances are you know by now that I'm a compulsive beauty buyer.  Sometimes I feel like I should be on Hoarders.  I rarely finish any makeup, except maybe mascara.  Granted, most of my beauty products are drugstore purchases, but when you have a ton of affordable makeup, it becomes much less affordable.
So I've decided to do project pan as a means of saving some money and actually using my crazy stockpile of products.  For those of you who might not know what project pan is, it's where you vow to not buy any makeup/beauty products until you use up a certain amount of what you already have.  [I know a bunch of bloggers did project 10 pan a while back, but I didn't have a blog--or quite so much makeup--at the time.  Thus my doing it now.]
Note: This certainly doesn't mean you should expect any shortage of my beauty posts, as I still have a million products I've never reviewed, including the ginormous  e.l.f. order I placed during their bogo best sellers sale a few weeks ago (that I've barely even unboxed), not to mention whatever products I end up receiving for my birthday in a fewweeks.


The Specifics:
I've yet to decide just how many items I'll be including in this project, but it'll probably end up being somewhere in the field of Project 15 Pan.
A lot of girls are satisfied with "hitting pan" (like the NYX blush above), but one tiny sliver of pan just isn't good enough for me.  I plan on finishing my products completely.  You can expect to start seeing Monthly Empties posts updating my project pan progress.

Your turn: Do you have an overabundance of makeup/beauty products?
Have/would you ever do project pan?

Wish me luck.
XOXO, T

*FTC: This image does not belong to me; I borrowed it from Makeup+Music=<3<3<3

2 comments:

  1. I guess I may not have enough make-up. haha I usually buy one thing and stick to it. My make-ups not very fun haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that's awesome. No one actually needs tons of makeup; I'm just a crazy person with no self control.

      Delete