Mar 12, 2012

Wet n Wild I (Heart) Matte Palette

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you know that on Friday I randomly stumbled across the famous Wet n Wild I Heart Matte Palette in the most random Walgreens. This limited edition palette received high praise from a lot of popular beauty bloggers and vloggers, includingEmily Eddington, and it subsequently sold out at both of my local Walgreens' before I could get myhands on one. But on my way home from an appointment in Winter Park this Friday, I stopped at a Walgreens I haven't been to in years, with the intention of replacing my favorite Wet n Wild Brulee shadow single. They oddly had no shadow singles on display, but I was able to forgive them as I got my hands on this unicorn of a palette. There was at least one more of these babies at said Walgreens, which I considered snagging for a giveaway, but I passed up on it, not knowing if y'all would even be interested in winning something that cost me a whopping $4.99.
Of course I wanted to tear this palette open and play with it the second I got home, but instead resisted the urge until after I got the chance to take pictures and swatch. These were swatched on my bare wrist and photographed in the artificial light of my second bedroom.
What Wet n Wild Says: A stunning collection of 8 silky, ultra-pigmented day-to-night colors. Mix-and-match for a variety of looks from sweet to wild! All day, crease-resistant color
What I like: I'm impressed by how legitimately matte all of these shadows are. There's not a shimmer in sight, which is practically unheard of with drugstore palettes.
What I don't like: A few of the brighter shades swatched a bit chalky, but I suspect that using a primer may correct this problem.
Overall: The Wet n Wild I Heart Matte palette delivers the high quality shadows I've come to expect from this brand. I look forward to playing with this palette, especially the green "eyelid" shade for St. Patty's Day on Saturday, when I'll be repping Jake and Micky's Irish Pub. Stay tuned for a FOTN post, probably Sunday morning afternoon.
XOXO, T

No comments:

Post a Comment